The SSAE 16 report provides assurance regarding the controls at a service organization relevant to the user entities’ internal control over financial reporting, set forth by the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 (SSAE 16), which focuses on internal controls at service organizations that affect their clients’ financial statements. Obtaining a SSAE 16 report differentiates your service organization by demonstrating the establishment of effectively designed controls and subsequently providing your customers with the peace of mind to engage with your organization.
Benefits of Obtaining a SSAE 16 Report
There are many reasons for a service organization to obtain a SSAE 16 report. A SSAE 16 report allows user auditors to reduce the amount of audit testing and rely on the service auditor’s report regarding the internal controls at the service organization. Other benefits include:
- A competitive advantage against similar service organizations who have not received a SSAE 16 report
- Meet contractual requirements
- Controls benchmarking
- Revenue growth due to an increase in clientele
- Higher client satisfaction due to a sense of security over sensitive information
Why Choose A-LIGN?
What sets A-LIGN aside from the rest is our highly skilled team. Our team consists of former “Big 4″ executives, who have served on the FICPA Board of Governors, and assisted in the development of the AICPA SOC School Curriculum. Other attributes that set us aside include:
- A-LIGN professionals have performed over 3,500 SSAE 16 audits for firms in a variety of industries
- Our customer service is unparalleled in our industry. A-LIGN will be with your company every step of the way, making for a smooth and stress-free process
- A-LIGN’s leadership possesses over 20 years of experience in the SSAE 16 assurance industry