With the global influence of both the GDPR enforcement and the Facebook discovery, organizations are under scrutiny for their privacy practices. Previously a free-for-all, consumer data was collected, stored, and shared with little to no transparency. Following these events, the industry anticipates new standards and laws increasing consumer privacy rights. Prioritizing privacy can not only help organizations stay compliant but help protect and enhance consumer trust, shareholder value, and employee satisfaction.
Join A-LIGN’s Director of Cyber Risk and Privacy, Petar Besalev as he reviews the emerging regulatory environment and provides insight into driving factors, key privacy considerations, and new privacy laws.
Listen to Petar as he discusses the following topics:
- Differentiating privacy versus security
- Outlining the regulatory history of privacy
- Reviewing recent privacy events, such as MD Anderson and Facebook
- Explaining new regulatory developments including GDPR and the California Privacy Act
- Providing best practices tips to enhance privacy practices