Compliance examination reports are more than an attestation of your commitment to quality and security; they can drive revenue, build client trust and position your organization as a cybersecurity leader in your industry.
Our team of security and compliance professionals has years of experience helping thousands of clients not only prepare for compliance examinations but also leverage their report to maximize the value of the examination. Below are our best tips on how to use the report to satisfy critical requests, as well as to grow your business.
Responding to Requests
As awareness of cybersecurity, data protection and compliance increases, you will likely find your clients requesting you undergo security questionnaires and security assessments. By completing compliance examinations, you can quickly and confidently reply with your report to demonstrate your commitment to both mitigating risk and protecting your clients’ data. The report and its contents will not only keep your business relationship running smoothly, but it will also differentiate your organization from your competitors.
Beyond adding an assessment report or certification to your company’s name, completing a report can result in a deliverable that saves time previously spent filling out countless security questionnaires.
You can prepare for client requests by completing the following:
- Confirmation of Engagement: For companies just beginning the process, a Confirmation of Engagement letter can be issued to you by your auditor. This letter includes the details surrounding the scope, purpose, objective and terms of the engagement at the onset of the effort.
- Report distribution: After a successful engagement, your report can be distributed when formally requested and covered by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Include your assessment report or certification to highlight your organization’s accomplishment.
- Security Questionnaires: Submit your compliance examination to save time instead of completing a security questionnaire.
Building Trust with Clients and Business Partners
Whether your clients requested a compliance examination, or you decided to proactively pursue one, you now hold tangible proof that your clients were wise to align themselves with your organization. By undergoing a compliance examination annually, you’re providing assurance to your clients that you’re taking the steps to mitigate risk and can attest to the controls in place.
Ways for your organization to announce its accomplishment to clients and business partners:
- Publish a press release: Draft a formal press release to distribute, then submit it to media outlets or news wire services for potential coverage of your organization’s achievement.
- Create a client-facing announcement: If you currently have an established cadence and medium to communicate with your clients (e.g., newsletters, monthly calls, client conferences, etc.), be sure to broadcast your accomplishment via those methods.
- Individual client meetings: When meeting with clients individually, be sure to brief them on your accomplishment and share details for the report that they would deem valuable.
- Lobby signage: Upon successful completion of your engagement, your audit provider can provide you with awards that provides information regarding your organization’s accomplishment. As clients, partners, and prospects pass through your offices, they will be reminded of your commitment to data security and proper controls.
Building Trust with Potential Clients
It comes as no surprise that potential clients have a lot of choices globally when it comes to vendor partnerships. It can be difficult to stand out from the crowd and differentiate your organization and its services. Leveraging a competitive advantage that your business has can help win new clients.
As more organizations are expected to comply with specific security and compliance regulations, having a completed compliance report can be a major deciding factor during the vendor assessment and selection process. Use the following checklist to give your business a unique opportunity to demonstrate its commitment to compliance.
Add your compliance report logo to the following assets:
- Business proposals: Add your compliance report logo to proposals and RFPs to help advance the deal and show differentiation by demonstrating your commitment to quality.
- Marketing materials: From brochures to flyers to posters, showcase your accomplishment on all marketing materials.
- Event signage: Whether it is for local community events or large conference, use the compliance report logo to boost your organization’s credibility.
- Sales sheets: Start the sales conversation with your achievement promoted front and center. Train your sales staff to create talking points to share your organization’s compliance examination report when courting potential clients.
- Website: Create a section of your website dedicated to outlining your commitment to security with accomplishments like your compliance examination or certification.
This is Just the Beginning
Perhaps you’ll think of another clever way to promote your compliance report not listed here (and if so, please share your story with us). The sky is the limit when it comes to thinking of ways to highlight your achievement, but what’s important is that you leverage your report to continue working for you long after you’ve earned it.
Ready to undergo a compliance examination? Contact A-LIGN at 1-888-702-5446 to speak with one of our cybersecurity and compliance professionals.