Advantages of an ISO 9001 Certification
The ISO 9001 certification is for any organization, regardless of size or type that wants to assess their overall organizational processes and analyze areas for improvement, to enhance the quality of their services/products. The ISO 9001 certification can provide the following advantages:
- Identifies and addresses any organizational risks or areas of vulnerability
- Helps you adhere to statutory and regulatory requirements
- Provides a greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Places a focus on customer needs and satisfaction
- Creates a mindset of continual improvement and enhancement of business operations
- Improves process efficiency and consistency
What is ISO 9001?
The ISO 9001 standard provides guidance to organizations that address the areas of quality management to improve performance, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. The standard was first introduced in 1987, and since then it has been used by over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries. In 2015, the standard was revised to include new business challenges that organizations face, such as increased globalization, complex supply chains, and higher expectations from customers.
The ISO 9001 certification is based on set criteria that follow the plan-do-check-act methodology to ensure that the policies, procedures, and responsibilities in place adhere to the requirements for an effective quality management system. Moreover, the ISO 9001 certification is based on seven quality management principles, which are used as a foundation to guide an organization’s performance improvement.
The seven quality management principles (QMPs):
- QMP 1 – Customer focus
- QMP 2 – Leadership
- QMP 3 – Engagement of people
- QMP 4 – Process approach
- QMP 5 – Improvement
- QMP 6 – Evidence-based decision making
- QMP 7 – Relationship management
What is a Quality Management System?
A quality management system is a way of defining how an organization can meet the requirements of its customers and other stakeholders affected by its work. It is a system in place that outlines the objectives and measures in providing a quality service/product that meets client expectations and is based on the idea of continual improvement. The ISO 9001 standard outlines a number of topics on quality management system, such as:
- Requirements for a quality management system, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Customer Satisfaction
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action
Become ISO 9001 Certified with A-LIGN
As the business landscape continues to evolve, organizations will need to differentiate themselves to stand out amongst competitors. Pursuing an ISO 9001 certification communicates to your clients that your focus is on providing quality services/products that meet the needs of your customers, and demonstrates to your employees that your organization is committed to the highest standards of quality. A-LIGN has certified professionals with experience in providing ISO 9001 certifications to organizations ready to improve their quality management system.
Ready to partner with A-LIGN for ISO 9001? Our team is available to answer any questions you may have regarding this ISO certification. Contact us today at 888.702.5446.