The ISO 27001 standard, created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), is intended to provide a universal methodology for the implementation, management, and maintenance of information security within a company. An ISO 27001 certification demonstrates conformity of your Information Security Management System (ISMS) with the documented standards and is typically utilized by companies that want to demonstrate the maturity of their information security environment, meet contractual obligations, or gain a competitive uniqueness against their competition.
Why Choose A-LIGN?
As an ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) accredited certification body, A-LIGN is one of a limited number of companies that can issue an accredited ISO 27001 certification in the U.S.
- Our security professionals are available to you throughout the initial ISO 27001 audit process, as well as throughout the 3-year certification period.
- Our professionals have experience implementing as well as certifying ISO 27001 programs.
- Our customer service is unparalleled in our industry. A-LIGN will be with your company every step of the way, making for a smooth and stress-free process.
ISO 27001 Certification Process
As an accredited certification body for ISO 27001 A-LIGN can assist your company with the following auditing activities.
- Pre Assessment – The ISO 27001 pre-assessment is designed for companies that will undergo the certification process for the first time and is only performed on an as-needed basis.
- Stage 1 Audit – As part of the Stage 1 audit, A-LIGN reviews your company’s documentation to confirm that it is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Stage 2 Audit – The Stage 2 audit is performed to test the conformance of the ISMS with ISO 27001 and your company’s internal policies and procedures.
- Surveillance Audit – To ensure ongoing conformity of your ISMS with ISO 27001, surveillance audits will be performed for two years following the certification (certifications are valid for 3 years).
Benefits of an ISO 27001 Certification
An ISO 27001 certification demonstrates conformity of your company’s ISMS with the documented standards. Obtaining an ISO 27001 certification exemplifies the maturity of your company’s information security environment as well as your ability to meet contractual obligations and gain a competitive advantage in your industry.