The HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF) is a comprehensive and certifiable security framework used by healthcare organizations and their business associates to efficiently approach regulatory compliance and risk management. HITRUST unifies recognized standards and regulatory requirements from NIST, HIPAA/HITECH, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, FTC, COBIT, and can be completed according to SOC 2 criteria, making it the most widely-adopted security framework in the U.S. healthcare industry.
Benefits of Obtaining a HITRUST Certification
As a company that handles ePHI, having a HITRUST certification demonstrates its compliance with the required safeguards in place to protect the data. It will assist your company by:
- Satisfying the requirement by many health organizations that their Business Associates are in compliance with the HITRUST CSF.
- Providing a competitive advantage by demonstrating that your company has implemented the necessary controls to safeguard sensitive ePHI and mitigate the risk of it being compromised.
- Establishing a security framework that incorporates a variety of standards and regulatory requirements including those associated with a SOC 2 / AT 101 assessment.
Why Choose A-LIGN?
As information security and healthcare professionals, A-LIGN understands the requirements defined by HITRUST. Our assessment methodology will ensure an efficient, effective security audit. Other attributes that set A-LIGN aside from the rest include:
- Our customer service is unparalleled in our industry. A-LIGN will be with your company every step of the way, making for a smooth and stress-free process.
- We focus on business associates and understand the application of HITRUST to your business.
- A-LIGN is a certified HITRUST Assessor and a licensed CPA firm.