The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a piece of legislation that enacts strong consumer protection laws, and companies who are not in compliance could face millions of dollars/euros in fines. This law affects any organization that processes or handles the information of European Union citizens. The deadline for compliance is May 25, 2018.
Why GDPR Matters
One of the main purposes of GDPR is to create a single set of laws within Europe to enhance the protection of citizen data. GDPR functions as the successor to the Data Protection Directive. Under the GDPR, organizations will be obligated to:
- Obtain unambiguous consent when collecting personal information from EU citizens.
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) if your organization currently monitors individuals through targeted online advertisements or company loyalty programs.
- Provide breach notice to privacy regulators within 72 hours of discovery, as well as notify data subjects.
- Allocate individuals the right to delete information as seen fit, or request a copy of all automated data that a company possesses.
Why Choose A-LIGN?
A-LIGN can assist your company in meeting the GDPR requirements with the following assessment activities:
- GDPR Gap Assessment: A-LIGN’s assessors can review your organization’s current data protection and privacy environment, and provide a detailed gap assessment to help your business achieve compliance.
- GDPR Validation: A-LIGN will determine your compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation standard by reviewing the policies, procedures, and processes in place in your organization to ensure that your business can meet the GDPR requirements.
A-LIGN will have an initial discussion with you to gather information so that we are able to determine your organization’s unique needs regarding GDPR compliance. Contact us now by calling 888-702-5446 or through the form on this page, and a professional will walk you through the process.
LET US ANSWER ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT GDPR