The purpose of this page is to:
- Categories of Cookies Used
- Reason for Our Collection of Data Using Cookies and or Web Beacons
- Targeted Advertising
- Adjusting Your Settings
DESCRIPTION OF COOKIES
- Generally, cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you browse the web. There are various types of cookies, depending on two factors: how long they are valid and who places them on your device.
- Session cookies expire upon closing your browser.
- Persistent cookies expire at a future date (days, weeks, months and/or years).
Type of Cookies
- First-party cookies are placed on your device by the owner of the website that you are browsing.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your device by a third-party advertiser and not the website you are currently browsing.
- Web beacons are also known as GIF files. Generally, web beacons are transparent graphic images that are placed on a website and/or in an email and are used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or who sends the email. Web beacons are frequently used in connection with cookies.
CATEGORIES OF COOKIE THAT WE USE
- We use first-party session cookies, which are essential for the website to work correctly and assist us in improving our website functionality.
- We use non-essential cookies, such as third party and persistent cookies in a pseudonymized manner so that we can display relevant ads and personalized services to you.
NECESSITY AND REASON FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect data from users on our websites through cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and web beacons to do any or all the following:
- store information so that the user will not have to re-enter it during their current or next visit to our website;
- provide custom, personalized content, information, and advertising;
- monitor the quality and/or the effectiveness of our services;
- produce aggregate metrics and analytics such as the number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns of users of our websites;
- diagnose or fix technical issues with our services; and
- otherwise plan for and enhance our services.
- We allow third-party ad networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about browsing activity or behavior of users of our website through cookies, social plug-ins, and/or other tracking technology.
- We use real-time marketing tools that provide us with information that monitors user activity and user engagement with our website.
- We allow third-party online advertising networks to collect information about users of our websites over time so that they may showcase and/or display ads that may be relevant to our users’ interests.
Our Partners and Vendors
- We contract with third-party vendors and other service providers to perform services on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, analytics services, creating and/or generating content and assisting us in the fulfillment of our legal, regulatory and contractual duties. We share the minimum necessary to meet our legitimate needs.
ADJUSTING YOUR SETTINGS
- Adjust your settings to notify you when you receive cookies, which allows you to accept or decline cookies.
- Disable existing and/or all cookies.
- Block third-party cookies.
- Set your browser to automatically reject any cookies.
- Delete cookies after each session (close the browser) or after a period of time.
- Allow all cookies.
- Use a “private browsing” or “incognito session”, which allows you to browse the web without storing local data.
- Install plug-ins and/or add-ins to extend browser functionality to limit and/or eliminate website tracking and/or the collection of personal data.