General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a piece of legislation that enacts strong consumer protection laws, including steep fines for noncompliance. This law would affect any organization that processes or handles the information of European Union citizens.
One of the main purposes of GDPR is to create a single set of laws within Europe to enhance the protection of citizen data. Companies who are not in compliance could face millions of dollars/euros in fines. Due to the potential monetary ramifications of noncompliance, it is important that organizations are able to adhere to the standards set.
GDPR functions as the successor to the Data Protection Directive. The deadline for organizations to be in compliance with GDPR is May 25, 2018. Under the GDPR, organizations will be obligated to:
- Obtain unambiguous consent when collecting personal information from EU citizens.
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) if your organization currently monitors individuals through targeted online advertisements or company loyalty programs.
- Provide breach notice to privacy regulators within 72 hours upon discovery, as well as notify data subjects.
- Allocate individuals the right to delete information as seen fit, or request a copy of all automated data that a company possesses.
A-LIGN can assist your company with the following assessment activities:
- GDPR Gap Assessment: A-LIGN’s assessors can review your organization’s current data protection and privacy environment, and provide a detailed gap assessment in order to help your business achieve compliance.
- GDPR Validation: A-LIGN will determine your compliance against the General Data Protection Regulation standard by reviewing the policies, procedures and processes in place in your organization to ensure that your business can meet the GDPR requirements.
General Data Protection Regulation Solutions Tailored to Your Company
Choosing A-LIGN as your partner in becoming GDPR compliant benefits your organization by:
- Ensuring your organization is compliant within the regulatory requirements set by the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Allowing your organization to strengthen their relationship with global partners.
- Helping you avoid the financial penalties associated with failure to comply with the standards.
The A-LIGN Edge
Our customized compliance solutions and streamlined audit process allow you to meet all of your audit and compliance needs with a single service provider. One-stop shopping means a stress-free audit process for you, as you work with one team who understands the unique needs of your organization. See what our clients have to say: